Many people make the mistake of purchasing a very expensive leather laptop bag, when it actually might not be the correct bag for them. If you are a young entrepreneur, attempting to make statement when you walk into a conference room, a leather laptop bag is essential. Or, if you’re a college student attempting to make a lasting impression on your professor/ fellow classmates, again, a leather laptop bag is a must.
So who is the Leather laptop bag PERFECT for?
- Entrepreneurs- like I previously discussed, when you walk into a conference room, attempting to make a huge sale, everything gets examined by your potential client (including the bag you carried your laptop in with). So, for an entrepreneur, a leather laptop bag is highly recommended.
- Constant Traveler- someone who travels on a regular basis need to own a leather laptop bag. First off, airplanes are very dirty. Leather laptop bags are much easier to clean and maintain, making them my number one choice for people that travel on a consistent and regular basis (not to mention, they are much easier to store under the seat in front of you).
- The Average “Professional”- everyday when you walk into the office, the boss examines you (whether you like it or not). Someone who walks in carrying a laptop bag shows that they are not afraid to take their work home with them. This will demonstrate that you’re a hard worker and not scared to “get your hands dirty”, even outside of the office. Leather laptop bags are more “stylish” than conventional bags, which will also leave a good impression with your boss.
- Students- As I mentioned in the introduction, if you are a student trying to make an awesome impression on your professor; and fellow classmates, a leather laptop bag will get the job done. For example, that first day you walk into your new classroom (whether you like it or not), your professor and classmates are going to be “eyeing you up”. When they see that you have a leather laptop bag from Boconi, they will surely be impressed.
Who is the leather laptop bag not the best choice for?
- Hard Laborers- unless you run a lucrative online business on the side, there is no good reason for a construction worker to own a leather laptop bag. After a long day operating machinery, or digging water lines, the last thing you probably want is to pack up a laptop in a very expensive bag and head to work (its not for everyone).
- Someone With No Time to Spare- anything that has leather will take some time to maintain. For example, whether it be stuffing the bag with newspaper to protect your bag while in storage, or applying wax to give the bag that “new bag” shine. Some people don’t have time for this, which is totally fine. Leather laptop bags are probably just not for you
Of course, each situation is independent of each other. So, it’s really not fair for me to just generalize certain people into certain groups (of what they want and don’t want). Therefore, if you think a leather laptop bag is the correct choice for you, go ahead and purchase one.